While I’m not convinced that food alone can determine whether you will have a girl or boy baby or not, there is some evidence that it can indeed play a role in the chance of you conceiving a girl. Diet along with intercourse timing and different positions can help boost the odds in your favor of buying pink for the nursery.
Let’s talk a little about the science behind diet
We all have heard that you are what you eat, and that certain foods can have different effects in the body. When it comes to conceiving a girl, the optimum environment for the female sperm to thrive in is acidic vaginal levels.
Therefore you would want to include such foods in the diet that increase the acidity of your vagina as well as the proper nutrients to ensure that you have a balanced diet full of the essential nutrients needed for both your personal health and your reproductive health.
According to a study by Oxford University the following findings regarding diet can increase your chances of conceiving a girl.
- High calorie diets are were more likely to product boys so if you are aiming for a girl – try and still to your daily limit for your weight and age.
- Breakfast eaters usually had boys, and those that skipped breakfast more often had girls.
- Eating cereal increased your odds of a boy while reducing the amount of cereals you ate to no more than 2 or 3 bowls a week favoured your chances of getting a girl.
So which foods should you diet on the conceiving a girl diet?
- For breakfast, choose fruit smoothies, yoghurt, fruit and/or nuts.
- For other meals lean towards, fish, cheese, eggs, bread, fruits, vegetables (particular green leafy vege’s) and nuts.
- For drinks, try high acidic juices such as cranberry, orange or grapefruit juice.
- Avoid high calorie and sugary foods if possible.
It has been said that the diet for getting pregnant with a girl baby is far more healthy that that for conceiving a boy.
While following this diet, it is important that you take a supplement and eat a balanced diet to ensure optimum fertility.